The UK Adoption Tracing Service charges a flat fee of £225 for a full search for one individual. However, other family relatives i.e. siblings may be found in the course of a search and will be included in the report at no extra cost. This ensures that a search is concentrated and remains focused on the main person. There are no rising costs should a search prove difficult.
On the successful conclusion of the search, a final report detailing all work undertaken, including the current details of the person searched for, and all supporting certificates e.g. birth, marriage or death will then be sent.
Any outstanding expenses e.g postage and any necessary certificates, currently £9.25 per certificate will be payable before the information is disclosed. We discuss the purchase of all certificates during the search and only purchase certificates we need and that are agreed.
The fee is for tracing one individual, payable before the start of a search, and includes:
- Experienced Personal Researcher dedicated to your search
- Unlimited searches of the births, deaths and Marriages Indexes
- Unlimited searches of parish registers where necessary
- Unlimited searches of Family History Centres
- Unlimited searches of past and current electoral roles
- Liaising with adoption agencies and other relevant organisations
- The use of little known Government departments including the NHS List
- Internet usage and search tools
- Telephone calls
- All other searches of i.e. databases, directories, registers, funeral directors, membership clubs...
- Progress reports and final report
- Resources and supportive material including advice regarding use of intermediary services
METHODS OF PAYMENT
We support PayPal and you can make a direct payment using this facility, located below.
Bank Transfer and cheques are also accepted.